Microsoft's Network Monitor is a tools that allow capturing and protocol analysis of network traffic. Network Monitor 3 is a protocol analyzer. It enables you to capture, to view, and to analyze network data. You can use it to help troubleshoot problems with applications on the network. This article contains download and support information, installation notes, and general usage information about Network Monitor 3. Network Monitor 3.4 is the latest version.
Network Monitor 3 is a complete overhaul of the earlier Network Monitor 2.x version. Some key features of Network Monitor 3 include the following:
- Script-based parser model with frequent updates
- Concurrent live capture sessions
- Support for Windows 7
- Support for 32-bit platforms and for 64-bit platforms
- Support for network conversations and process tracking
- API to access capture and parsing engine
- Wireless Monitor Mode Capturing
Supported Operating System ::
Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 x64 Edition, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 for Itanium-based Systems, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista 64-bit Editions Service Pack 1, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows XP Service Pack 3
- 1 GHz or greater CPU
- 1 GB or greater memory
- 60 MB free hard disk space plus extra room for capture files
Installation Instruction ::
The Network Monitor core engine has been decoupled from the parser set. To install the full Network Monitor 3.4 product:
- Run the setup.exe for the platform you are installing.
- You will be prompted first to install the core engine. Follow the installation directions. Make sure you close existing instances of netmon.exe, nmcap.exe and any running NMAPI applications.
- Next you will be prompted to install the parser package. Follow the installation directions:
To uninstall the full Network Monitor 3.4 product ::
- Go to Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel
- Uninstall both Microsoft Network Monitor 3.4 and Microsoft Network Monitor: Network Monitor Parsers 3.4
Network Monitor Blog :: Click Here
Video Tutorial :: Click Here
Windows :: Network Monitor 3.4 (x86) | Network Monitor (x64)
Official Website :: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.