Kali Linux 2.0 Launched With New Interface Is Available To Download
Kali Linux 2.0 is an open-source penetration testing platform brings hundreds of Penetration Testing, Forensics, Hacking and Reverse Engineering tools together into a Debian-based Linux distribution.
The biggest work in this version its new interface. Now we can access on the side of the screen dock. Kali Linux is Now a Rolling Distribution. One of the biggest moves we’ve taken to keep Kali 2.0 up-to-date in a global, continuous manner, is transforming Kali into a rolling distribution.
How Do I Upgrade to Kali 2.0?
Yes, you can upgrade Kali 1.x to Kali 2.0! To do this, you will need to edit your source.list entries, and run a dist-upgrade as shown below. If you have been using incorrect or extraneous Kali repositories or otherwise manually installed or overwritten Kali packages outside of apt, your upgrade to Kali 2.0 may fail. This includes scripts like lazykali.sh, PTF, manual git clones in incorrect directories, etc. – All of these will clobber existing files on the filesystem and result in a failed upgrade. If this is the case for you, you’re better off reinstalling your OS from scratch.
Otherwise, feel free to:
cat << EOF > /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://http.kali.org/kali sana main non-free contrib
deb http://security.kali.org/kali-security/ sana/updates main contrib non-free
apt-get dist-upgrade # get a coffee, or 10.
Whats new in Kali Linux 2.0 Features:
- Runs on Linux kernel 4.0,
- use full Gnome 3 Desktop instead of gnome-fallback,
- improved hardware and wireless driver coverage,
- support for a variety of Desktop Environments,
- updated desktop environment and tools,
- Featuring new cutting-edge wireless penetration tools,
- Kali Linux now added desktop notifications, so that you do not miss anything,
- Support Ruby 2.0, which will make Metasploit will load much faster,
- Kali 2.0 added inbuilt screencasting tool so that you can record desktop.