WeChat For iOS Gets Hacked!
600 Million Users Are On Security Risk.
Wechat is the China's most popular messaging app. The app was hacked through security flaw and it to be affecting iOS users with WeChat version 6.2.5. But no data has been compromised yet.
The Security Flaw Have Been Fixed now.
According to Wechat Blog,
A security flaw, caused by an external malware, was recently discovered affecting iOS users only on WeChat version 6.2.5. This flaw has been repaired and will not affect users who install or upgrade WeChat version 6.2.6 or greater, currently available on the iOS App Store. Here are some important points about the situation.
- The flaw, described in recent media reports, only affects WeChat v6.2.5 for iOS. Newer versions of WeChat (versions 6.2.6 or greater) are not affected.
- A preliminary investigation into the flaw has revealed that there has been no theft and leakage of users’ information or money, but the WeChat team will continue to closely monitor the situation.
- The WeChat tech team has extensive experience combating attempts to hack our systems. Once the security flaw was discovered, the team immediately took steps to secure against any theft of user information.
- Users who encounter any issues can contact the team by leaving feedback in the “WeChat Team” WeChat account.
At last month CNBC report said,
Various mobile messaging apps including WeChat were being used for malicious purposes, and could be allowing hackers to “steal sensitive information and send it back to a remote server.”
What Can I Do?
The Security flaw has been fixed. WeChat Updated new Version 6.2.6
- · Easily migrate chat log from original phone to new device
- · Translate Moments into your language with a long press
- · Improved WeChat experience on Apple Watch