Practical Linux Security Cookbook ($22 Value) FREE For a Limited Time
Secure your Linux machines and keep them secured with the help of exciting recipes.
Whether you are new to Linux administration or experienced, this book will provide you with the skills to make systems more secure.
What You Will Learn:
- Learn about various vulnerabilities and exploits in relation to Linux systems
- Configure and build a secure kernel and test it
- Learn about file permissions and security and how to securely modify files
- Explore various ways to authenticate local users while monitoring their activities.
- Authenticate users remotely and securely copy files on remote systems
- Review various network security methods including firewalls using iptables and TCP Wrapper
- Explore various security tools including Port Sentry, Squid Proxy, Shorewall, and many more
- Understand Bash vulnerability/security and patch management