Now Ubuntu Linux Distro Is Available In Windows 10
Ubuntu Linux Distro is now available in the Windows Store. We are all known Ubuntu is a Debian-based Linux operating system. But now you can run Linux commands on Windows too.
Windows Allows one to use Ubuntu Terminal and Run its command line utilities including bash, ssh, git, apt and many more.
There are several benefits in replacing our existing installation mechanism with a Windows Store based installation mechanism:
- Faster & more reliable downloads: The Windows Store employs a sophisticated block-based download mechanism that minimizes the size of apps being downloaded, resulting in faster and more reliable downloads
- Install distros side-by-side: WSL has been enhanced to support the installation of multiple distro’s alongside one another
- Run multiple distro’s simultaneously: Not only can you install distro’s side-by-side, but you can now run more than one distro simultaneously
How To Install?Install Ubuntu from Windows Store. Ubuntu on Windows allows one to use Ubuntu Terminal and run Ubuntu command line utilities including bash, ssh, git, apt and many more.
After installing Ubuntu, Windows 10 users will require to enable "Windows Subsystem for Linux" that was previously added to Windows 10.
To enable the feature, follow these simple steps:Navigate to Control Panel and go to "Apps and features" settings.
- Select "Programs and Features" from the right panel.
- Open the "Turn Windows features on or off" from the left menu.
- Select the "Windows Subsystem for Linux" and click On, save it.
- Reboot Your system.
The above step can also be performed using Administrator PowerShell prompt:
Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Windows-Subsystem-Linux
After above is done simply use "ubuntu" command in cmd.exe or launch Ubuntu from the start menu.
|Ubuntu Terminal on Windows|
Enjoy! Ubuntu on Windows.