This tool is based on TryeCrypt. As we known TrueCrypt features are follows.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password:
VeraCrypt storage format is INCOMPATIBLE with TrueCrypt storage format. Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
Its a free compatible software for disk encryption size has 3.27Mb and support to Windows Xp/2003/Vista7.