Redox is an operating system written in pure Rust, designed to be modular and secure.
Redox is a Unix-like Operating System written in Rust. It's aiming to bring the innovations of Rust to a modern microkernel and full set of applications.
What is Rust Language:
Rust is a systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents segfaults, and guarantees thread safety.
- zero-cost abstractions
- move semantics
- guaranteed memory safety
- threads without data races
- trait-based generics
- pattern matching
- type inference
- minimal runtime
- efficient C bindings
- Microkernel Design
- Most features are implemented in Rust
- Includes optional GUI - Orbital
- Newlib provided for C programs
- MIT Licensed
- Drivers run in Userspace
- Includes common Unix commands
- ZFS Filesystem Support (WIP)
The development blog can be found at http://www.redox-os.org