Wazuh - Host and endpoint security Analysis, Intrusion Detection System
Wazuh helps you to gain deeper security visibility into your infrastructure by monitoring hosts at an operating system and application level. This solution, based on lightweight multi-platform agents, provides the following capabilities:
- Log management and analysis: Wazuh agents read operating system and application logs, and securely forward them to a central manager for rule-based analysis and storage.
- File integrity monitoring: Wazuh monitors the file system, identifying changes in content, permissions, ownership, and attributes of files that you need to keep an eye on.
- Intrusion and anomaly detection: Agents scan the system looking for malware, rootkits or suspicious anomalies. They can detect hidden files, cloaked processes or unregistered network listeners, as well as inconsistencies in system call responses.
- Policy and compliance monitoring: Wazuh monitors configuration files to ensure they are compliant with your security policies, standards or hardening guides. Agents perform periodic scans to detect applications that are known to be vulnerable, unpatched, or insecurely configured.
Wazuh provides an updated log analysis ruleset, and a RESTful API that allows you to monitor the status and configuration of all Wazuh agents.
Wazuh also includes a rich web application (fully integrated as a Kibana app), for mining log analysis alerts and for monitoring and managing your Wazuh infrastructure.
- stable branch on correspond to the last Wazuh stable version.
- master branch contains the latest code, be aware of possible bugs on this branch.
- development branch includes all the new features we're adding and testing.
Software and Libraries used
- Modified version of Zlib and a small part of OpenSSL (SHA1 and Blowfish libraries).
- OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit (http://www.openssl.org/).
- Cryptographic software written by Eric Young ([email protected]).
- Software developed by the Zlib project (Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler).
- Software developed by the cJSON project (Dave Gamble).
- Node.js (Ryan Dahl).
- NPM packages Body Parser, Express, HTTP-Auth and Moment.