How to Delete Your Search Activities From Google?
When you use Google services, it keeps your data with your Google account to make its services work better for you. Today, we are telling you the way to secure your online search activities and how to take the protective measures. It includes:
- Things you search for
- Websites you visit
- Videos you watch
- Ads you click on or tap
- Your location
- Device information
- IP address and cookie data
If you are signed in with your Google Account, it stores and protects whatever you do using Google services. It can include:
- Emails you send and receive on Gmail
- Contacts you add
- Calendar events
- Photos and videos you upload
- Docs, Sheets, and Slides on Drive
How To Delete Your Search Activities From Google?Follow these steps:
1. Sign into your Google account.
2. Go to Google Myactivity link
3. Click on "Delete activity by"
Once you clicked, you will be redirected to this page:
Below "Delete by date," select the Down arrow and then choose All time.
You can also Delete individual activity itemsFor example, this could include a search you did on Google or a website you visited on Chrome:
- On your computer, go to My Activity.
- Find the item you want to delete. You can find an item in a few different ways, including:
- Browse by day. At the top right of the page, choose More More and then Item view
- Search or use filters.
- On the item you want to delete, choose More More and then Delete.
Google mostly use your search activities for their Advertisements.
How Google Ad Works?Whenever you search for any keyword on Google then it shows the relevant product on any website you visit through Google Adsense.
For Instance: If you are searching for "CyberSecurity" Keyword then cookies will save this keyword across your browser and your google account.
So whenever you visit any website where Google Adsense is placed, then it will show "CyberSecurity" related Ads to you.
Google explains why they collect your data to use. But one thing Google claims that they are not selling any personal data to the third parties.
Data privacy is very important to users. As we all aware about Facebook Cambridge analytica Scandal.
To delete your web cookies or history is also way to protect. But by deleting your all web browsing history doesn't much protect your online transparency though.
Delete Your Google Browser History:
- Sign into your Google account first on your computer, open the Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click More.
- Click "History".
- On the left, click "Clear browsing data". A box will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select "the beginning of time".
- Check the boxes for the info you want Google Chrome to clear, including “browsing history.”
- Click Clear "browsing data".