OpenPuff: A Professional Steganography Tool
OpenPuff is a professional steganography tool, with unique features you won't find among any other free or commercial software. OpenPuff is 100% free and suitable for highly sensitive data covert transmission.
- HW seeded random number generator (CSPRNG)
- Deniable steganography
- Carrier chains (up to 256Mb of hidden data)
- Carrier bits selection level
- Modern multi-cryptography (16 algorithms)
- Multi-layered data obfuscation (3 passwords)
- X-squared steganalysis resistance
Unique layers of security and obfuscation:
- 256bit+256bit symmetric-key cryptography (with KDF4 password extension)
- 256bit symmetric-key data scrambling (CSPRNG-based shuffling)
- 256bit symmetric-key data whitening (CSPRNG-based noise mixing)
- Adaptive non-linear carrier bit encoding
OpenPuff supports many carrier formats:
- Images (BMP, JPG, PCX, PNG, TGA)
- Audio support (AIFF, MP3, NEXT/SUN, WAV)
- Video support (3GP, MP4, MPG, VOB)
- Flash-Adobe support (FLV, SWF, PDF)
OpenPuff is a portable/stealth software:
- Native portable structure (no installation, registry keys, .ini files)
- Runs in user mode with DEP on
- Multithread support (up to 16 CPUs) = Faster processing
OpenPuff is freeware:
- Fully redistributable
- OpenSource core crypto-library (libObfuscate)
Carrier chains:Data is split among many carriers. Only the correct carrier sequence enables unhiding. Moreover, up to 256Mb can be hidden, if you have enough carriers at disposal. Last carrier will be filled with random bits in order to make it undistinguishable from others.
- Images, audios, videos, flash, adobe.
- Layers of security:
- Data, before carrier injection, is encrypted (1), scrambled (2), whitened (3) and encoded (4).
Layer 1 - Modern multi-cryptography:
A set of 16 modern 256bit open-source cryptography algorithms (chosen from AES Process [1997-2000], NESSIE Process [2000-2003] and CRYPTREC Process [2000-2003]) has been joined into a doublepassword multi-cryptography algorithm (256bit+256bit): AES / Anubis / Camellia / Cast-256 / Clefia / FROG / Hierocrypt3 / Idea-NXT / MARS / RC6 / Safer+ / SC2000 / Serpent / Speed / Twofish / Unicorn-A
Layer 2 - CSPRNG based scrambling:
Encrypted data is always scrambled to break any remaining stream pattern. A new cryptographically secure pseudo random number generator (CSPRNG) is seeded with a third password (256bit) and data is globally shuffled with random indexes.
Layer 3 - CSPRNG based whitening:
Scrambled data is always mixed with a high amount of noise, taken from an independent CSPRNG seeded with hardware entropy.
Layer 4 - Adaptive non-linear encoding:
Whitened data is always encoded using a non-linear function that takes also original carrier bits as input. Modified carriers will need much less change and deceive many steganalysis tests (e.g.: chi square test).
Extra security - Deniable Steganography:Top secret data can be protected using less secret data as a decoy.
Source code:This program relies on the libObfuscate system-independent open-source library. Users and developers are absolutely free to link to the core library (100% of the cryptography & obfuscation code), read it and modify it.